Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let me just tell you how much Kalee loves school......

So this week is the Scholastic Book Fair at Caleb's Creek and there are some fun events planned around it, one of which took place yesterday morning. It was "Breakfast with Clifford," which I thought sounded like tons of fun, so I purchased us tickets to attend. I got up extra early to get everything together, loaded up the car with Kalee, the babies, and my camera, and off we went. Well, on the way to school, Kalee was asking about whether her whole class would be at breakfast. When I explained to her that only the kids who had an adult going with them were going and that the rest of the class would stay in the room and carry on with the normal routine, SHE REFUSED TO ATTEND!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

What kid doesn't want to get out of class to go eat donuts and buy stuff at the Book Fair????????

Well, mine, apparently!!!!

Soooo, I got over the fact that Kalee was ditching me for the calendar routine and thought, "Well, at least I can still take the babies, right??" WRONG!!!!!! Kloe screamed like someone was trying to strangle her when Clifford waved to her, and Phillip was practically gnawing through the seatbelt on the wagon to get the h-e-double-hockeysticks away from that giant red dog!!!!!

It was yet another of those moments as a mom where you have such expectations and your dang kids have to go and mess it all up!!!!! (LOL....totally kidding!!!)

Anywho, I just thought that this was a perfect illustration of how in love with Kindergarten Kalee is, and how I had no reason to stress like I did for the past year over her "adjustment!!!!"

No comments: