Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Busy Upcoming Week....

I was just thinking about what we have on our plate this week, and I came to realize that it is starting....I am becoming a "soccer mom" but without the soccer!!!! For those of you who didn't know, Kalee has joined the Girl Scouts this year as a Daisy. She is official now, as they had their Investiture Ceremony a few weeks back. I am DELIGHTED that she has chosen this path as it is so wonderful to see the girls learning about their place in the big, big world out there...and learning about how they can make it a better place for everyone! And we couldn't ask for kinder troop leaders and sweeter fellow Daisies! It is such a great group of little girls!



So on Tuesday night we have a regular Daisy meeting, at which I believe the girls who participated in a Goodwill service project in October will receive their first Daisy badges, "A Good Turn for Goodwill." KK is very excited to begin amassing badges for her cute little blue tunic!




THEN....on Friday night she has her first cheerleading practice!!! We are both beyond excited for this to begin. She has wanted to be a cheerleader for quite a while and she is finally old enough! I spoke with her coach on the phone earlier and she seems very sweet and enthusiastic!




In addition, I will be organizing the Thanksgiving Feast for her class! I can't wait to start on this. I just love being able to help out and be involved in her class. Again, we have been so blessed that Kalee ended up with AMAZING teachers who she absolutely adores, and a great group of classmates.


No comments: