Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kalee's First Report Card

Today when I dropped Kalee off at school, I picked up her first quarter report card and was soooooooo pleased!!!! They don't get "graded" on too many academic items in first quarter. It is more conduct and work habits that are addressed, although they did include a summary of the assessments that have been done throughout this quarter. Her marks were all "O's" (outstanding) except for one "S" (satisfactory) which was in the category titled "Works Neatly." (**I found this quite amusing because I have said for a very long time that she has the handwriting of a serial killer!! She does not take her time and her brain always seems to be moving faster than her pencil!!!!)

As for all of her other assessments, she knew all of her letters, sounds, and numbers, and she appears to be doing really well overall! I am so proud of her for making the adjustment to being gone all day and really maturing over the past three months! Her reading skills are really coming along, too...it seems like everyday she picks up another random book and can read more and more of it! I have several kindergarten readers from my old classroom and she can buzz through those like an old pro! She is also writing ALOT, and this is so much fun for me to watch. It was always one of my favorite parts of teaching kindergarten to watch the kids start sounding out words and spelling them without asking, and I love to see Kalee's attempts...she is usually pretty accurate! (Hopefully she will be a spelling psycho like her mama!!!)

So now we have to figure out what her reward will be for this her latest achievement, since we just went to Build a Bear yesterday for a "Daddy loves to spoil Kalee" trip! I would love to hear what you all do for your kiddos to reward an awesome report card!!

No comments: